Summary/Objective: The RF PCB Component Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the requirements, quality, and reliability of PCBs designed to evaluate the electrical performance of Samtec’s RF products.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Guide the design and optimization of the PCB launch for new RF connector evaluation and customer guidance using established modeling and simulation techniques.
- Collaborate with RF Microwave Engineers and PCB suppliers to meet the established performance, technology, pricing, and delivery needs of the project.
- Provide input to design teams, align design with supplier capabilities, create electrical models, and deliver supporting documentation.
- Analyze variation dependence and parametric sensitivity of models.
- Guide and direct the activities of multifunctional teams per the priorities set by engineering management & learnings from SI simulations/measurements on developing new products.
- Work closely with the material characterization lab, PCB layout team, and PCB fabricators for the successful design and launch of products.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change very quickly.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Quality and Operations.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 2 – 5+ years of experience designing PCB launches for RF devices.
- Expertise in RF PCB laminate and mixed dielectric systems, surface finish, blind and buried via structures, and mechanical tolerancing requirements.
- Experience with EDA design tools (e.g. Cadence Allegro, Mentor, Altium, etc.) including schematic capture and layout.
- Communication skills are a must as this person will interact with engineers in different disciplines as well as with members of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering (BSEE), Physics, or related field.
- Experience using commercial 3D field solvers (e.g. HFSS, CST, FEKO, etc.) to study electromagnetic effects.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering (MSEE), Physics, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), Physics, or related field is preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.