Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~14,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture – YouTube
OE Intern/ Co-Op position available immediately at Keysight Technologies, Inc.
Keysight Technologies leads many fronts from cutting-edge technology & product research and development. This R&D OE internship opportunity will join the team that leads for Optical Metrology, Laser Interferometry and Electronics products from concept design to full scale of production.
As an Optical Engineer in our R&D System Design Group, you will be involved with –
- Technology ideas and production designs for precision optical interferometer and position sensing
- Side-by-side work with experienced design engineers to explore optics metrology measurement setup, wavefront characterization, hands-on build of new optical interferometers
- Performance analysis over design tolerance using simulation of wave propagation, ray tracing or precision mechanical simulation tools
- Technical interpretation from customer specs or requirements into internal design guideline, standards, or preliminary specifications for producing high-quality optics components and assemblies
- Interfacing with R&D, Program Mgmt., Supply-Chain, internal Manufacturing to define manufacturing processes and assembly flow for effective launch of new products
- Collecting data, running analytics, creating reports, and documentation of various processes, yield metrics and results
Note: Keysight will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
- Ph.D. student, Postdoc or equivalent in Optics Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science are all welcome
- One or more of the following research areas are required from geometrical optics simulation, photonics circuitry design, laser development, spectroscopy, and/or precision optical metrology research
- Proficiency in various programming or simulation tools of Zemax, Code-V, CREO, Solidworks, MatLab, Python, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and possess collaborative mindset with individual contributions
- Ability to operate in fast-paced learning, dynamic and ambiguous environment
You will join the team and solve the challenging complexity of making most precision interferometer products through building great relationships with the team, enhancing your hands-on design experiences, and most of all, having fun and success to develop your future engineering career at Keysight Technologies.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.keysight.com.