Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
At Keysight, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We believe in harnessing the collective power of our team’s unique backgrounds, experiences, and talents to drive innovation and excellence.
As an R&D Hardware Engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage your Electrical Engineering expertise and measurement knowledge to contribute to a range of hands-on projects. You will play a vital role in our product development team, which focuses on designing, developing, and testing RF and microwave test equipment.
We are actively seeking a self-motivated engineer who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment. You will be responsible for not only writing production test code but also troubleshooting hardware issues. The ideal candidate is someone who is equally proficient in hands-on hardware testing and software development/test automation.
In collaboration with a diverse, multi-discipline team that includes R&D, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Production, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with R&D and marketing to innovate and introduce new product models and features.
- Designing and implementing calibration algorithms to ensure precision and accuracy.
- Developing, debugging, and executing validation and verification tests.
- Creating, debugging, and optimizing test boards and fixtures to enhance Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Managing instrument hardware, measurement, characterization, and calibration processes throughout the NPI development phase and into production.
- Designing and modifying test stations, analyzing test data, and making product specification recommendations.
- Crafting comprehensive technical documentation.
- Reviewing and evaluating production line specifications based on statistical data analysis.
- Specifying and selecting components for product assembly and extending product life through parts replacement.
- Guiding and facilitating the transition of products and manufacturing processes into production and overseeing the entire product life cycle.
- Continuing to manage engineering responsibilities for system, hardware, and production processes post-product release.
This position requires access to certain goods, software, technology, or technical data subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these laws and regulations, U.S. persons (which includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents, refugees, and asylees) working for Keysight can access export-controlled items without authorization from the U.S. government. For any individual who is not a U.S. person, Keysight may need authorization from the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, or other appropriate federal agency before the individual can access export-controlled items. Employment in this position for non-U.S. persons is contingent on Keysight’s ability to obtain any required government authorizations.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, with experience in RF and microwave circuit/product development, along with expertise in measurement algorithms and validation test development.
- Knowledge and experience in test and measurements, with a focus on RF and Microwave theory and applications.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming for software development.
- Willingness to collaborate with global teams and work across engineering disciplines to achieve objectives.
- Proficient in testing and troubleshooting RF, analog, and digital circuits.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proactive in issue discovery and resolution.
- Experience in measurement areas such as signal generators, signal analyzers, I/Q generation, time domain analysis, and vector network analysis.
- Background in manufacturing and/or product development.
- Familiarity with Statistical Analysis, Six Sigma, and process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to formulate, implement, and debug measurement algorithms in modern, object-oriented test development environments.
- Proficiency in calculating measurement uncertainties.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-keysight.icims.com.