The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. The R&D Engineer will have a unique opportunity to redesign or port key mathematical algorithms to GPU to significantly boost the performance of Semiconductor simulation products
- Designing and implementing numerical algorithms on advanced hardware capabilities on Intel x86, ARM64 and general-purpose GPUs, leveraging both hardware vectorization and multi-threading.
- Performs basic development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems.
- Learns and employs best practices.
- Performs basic bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
- Works under the close supervision of a development manager
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with C or C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language
- Technical knowledge and experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, linear algebra and high-performance computing
- Basic understanding of the software development process
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience in optimizing large scale software for memory and run time.
- Experience in solving large scale linear system of equations using numerical methods.
- Development, debugging and optimization of systems using distributed processing.
- Experience with the Python programming language
- Power delivery network simulation for advanced semiconductor nodes
- Time-domain based large scale circuit simulation techniques.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.