The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of the Mechanical APDL product. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. The successful candidate will be experienced in using GPU programming models to design and develop robust, efficient algorithms. These algorithms will be used to accelerate the speed of mechanical FEA simulations.
Ansys is the world leader in engineering simulation. Up to 80% of the cost of a product’s development is determined by the decisions you make early in the design process, and Ansys helps its customers reduce this cost with physical simulation tools to make better decisions quicker. Customers use Ansys simulation products to digitally explore design concepts and test critical design choices early in the product life cycle.
- Design, code, test, document, implement, and maintain software components and systems.
- Comfortable contributing to (and learning where necessary) anywhere within the full software stack (API design, database implementation, parallel programming, etc.)
- Improve software development processes with tools and best practices.
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support.
- Investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager.
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 2 years’ experience or MS.
- Technical knowledge and experience with C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Experience with parallel programming models for CPU and GPU hardware (e.g., OpenMP, MPI, CUDA and HIP)
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Driven and willing to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code.
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain.
- Knowledge of or experience with CAE.
- Knowledge of or experience with Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of or experience of agile development processes.
- Knowledge of or experience with DevOps processes and tools.
- Experience with either the Microsoft or Amazon cloud environments.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Proficiency in Fortran.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.