ANSYS, Inc. seeks R&D Engineer II (multiple openings) to work in Canonsburg, PA.
- Contribute to the development of software products and supporting systems.
- Collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives.
- Perform moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems.
- Maintain and improve object-oriented data structures and algorithms with a focus on superior software stability and performance for Workbench Mechanical software Post Processing and/or Graphics.
- Understand and employ best practices.
- Perform moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Research problems discovered by the quality assurance or product support teams and develop solutions.
- Understand the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer, Software or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study.
- Alternate Acceptable Education and Work Experience Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer, Software or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study, and two (2) years of experience in a related position.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- experience in code design and implementation using object-oriented software concepts in C++ and applicable design patterns;
- experience using Microsoft Visual Studio Compiler/IDE; and
- experience with 2D and 3D core graphics concepts and applications.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.