Summary / Role Purpose
The successful candidate will join the Research and Development team that creates state-of-the-art software for electromagnetic crosstalk analysis.
With increasing frequencies, tighter design margins, denser integrated circuits (e.g., 3D IC structures, stacked die architectures, etc.), and new devices and materials, the necessity of full electromagnetic (EM) interference analysis is becoming a fundamental need for the industry. The associated physics and the sheer design size bring out new challenges related to power and reliability, affecting design closure, and at the same time make the incorporation of EM phenomena in the sign-off process extremely challenging. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure optimal design, noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromagnetic crosstalk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Learns and employs best practices in software development and testing
- Performs basic bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned modules
- Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Works under the close supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Basic understanding of the C++ language and familiarization with contemporary standards (e.g., C++14) and language constructs
- Working experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Experience with source code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with numerical linear algebra algorithms and libraries (e.g. Intel MKL library)
- Experience with computational geometry algorithms and libraries (e.g. CGAL library)
- Background in algorithm implementation for scientific and engineering applications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.