Summary / Role Purpose:
The Meshing Development Unit (MDU) is seeking an experienced R&D engineer for usability design, automation and enhancement of meshing algorithms. This role requires an experience in development of large-scale engineering applications or components. The candidate is expected to work using different GUI and graphics paradigms in multi-threaded or distributed computing environments, manages large data sets that are distributed and could be streamed. Experience in database design, user experience design, graphics design and usability design, geometry kernels like Parasolid, ACIS etc. would be a plus. The selected candidate can expect to be engaged in all stages of code and capability planning, research, creation and evolution, and to work closely with other members of the meshing software development team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Infrastructure work involves the following things
- Create new tools in the meshing application that will be used by end user in complex meshing workflows
- Usability design using various GUI and graphics tools
- Developing tools that may work in Multi-Threaded and distributed parallel environments
- Development of algorithms to stream, sort and search large scale meshing data
- Enhancement of geometry and meshing algorithms
- Work efficiently in complex mixed language code base, written in C/C++, Python, on Windows and Linux.
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- 1-3 years commercial software development experience
- Solid, demonstrable experience with C / C++
- Experience in distributed and shared memory parallel computing is an asset
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to function in a team environment with an appreciation for aggressive goals is an asset
- Experience in scripting language like Python is an asset
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.