Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives. The candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of cross-platform technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a solid understanding of the code and the team’s software development processes.
- Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust, and easy to understand.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Learn and follow best practices in software engineering
- Participates in planning, architecture and research
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BE/B.Tech. or ME/M.Tech.in Computer Science or related field, with 1-3 years’ experience
- 3-year experience in C#/C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
- Linux experience is desirable
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.