We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our Field Technical Solutions team in San Jose. This position entails collaborating with dynamic customers, North American Sales, and TSMC Headquarters in Taiwan. Our mission is to enable the customer to be timely and efficiently design their next generation of ‘must have’ products – by understanding their needs and defining, promoting, and encouraging the best solution. TSMC, Ltd. is the leader in the Semiconductor Foundry business, and we are looking for the right individuals and talent to join our FTS, advanced packaging team.
- Build relationships and trust with customers through technical interaction.
- Own the technical solutions for customers and champion their needs.
- Justify the packaging business by understanding customers’ products, roadmaps, and technical needs in advanced packaging technologies.
- Identify and Drive internal teams to develop and execute competitive and creative technical solutions.
- Host the engagement meetings between customer and internal teams on initial engineering/technology discussions.
- Provide local technical support together with sales teams to customers.
- Train customers on TSMC technology to enable them to create world-class products.
- Introduce TSMC packaging technologies and roadmap to customers
- Ensure clear and accurate external and internal communication.
- Master’s Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of semiconductor packaging industry experience.
- Hands-on experiences with advanced packaging technologies (e.g. Flip Chip, BGA, fan-out packages, WLCSP, 3DIC, heterogeneous packages) and others.
- Knowledge of chip-packaging interaction, assembly processes, thermo-mechanical behavior of packages and their materials, electrical performance requirements, substrate technologies, and reliability tests are necessary.
- Experienced with thermo-mechanical simulation/modeling principles and associated tools; thermal packaging characteristics/thermal dissipation mechanism; electrical SI/PI design principles and simulation; or packaging design flow and associated EDA tools is a plus.
- Good communication skills and experience in program/project management.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and engage.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit tsmc.taleo.net.