Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Project Manager. This is a Contract position.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the sales department during the quotation development phase and managing project cost, timing, and quality details after a successful project award. The project manager acts as the single interface point with the customer and leads all resources in the design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and acceptance testing phases of the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Systematic management of the commercial, technical, and financial aspects of small ($50K) to large ($10M) projects from estimating/budgeting through customer final acceptance and warranty management.
- Negotiate engineering change orders with both customers and significant suppliers where contract deliverables differ from contract specifications.
- Generate project critical paths and management of the complete project support infrastructure to deliver on time and to the specification.
- Employ Advanced Quality Planning, documented Lessons Learned, and risk management techniques to provide closed loop continuous improvement of projects.
- Identify customer cost saving and technical enhancement opportunities at timely intervals within the project to offer optimal system performance and efficiency with minimal project timing impact.
- Control project quality across all layers of project deliverables by a) exploiting engineering solutions known to be robust and conventional, and b) identifying and micro-managing of high-risk project content through various techniques.
- Supervise manufacturing and installation processes to the specification with an eye toward early identification of problems.
- Initiate and maintain a comprehensive project open issues tracking document from contract award through warranty closure.
- BSME/BSEE or 5+ years’ experience in assembly and test automation (BBA/MBA considered if the candidate has a strong technical or engineering background).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Engine/Power train Test Systems/cells, Facilities equipment, Controls engineering and systems integration.
- E-motor testing and EV Battery testing is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Contract review, Advance Quality Planning, Budgeting Design and engineering activities, Procurement and supplier management, Manufacturing practices, Installations, Customer change management.
- Project estimations, costing, budget and financial understanding of costs for proposals
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook, and MS Word is essential
- Experience with CAD software tools such as ACAD, E-Plan, and or 3D tools is a plus
- Experience with ISO9000 and quality operating systems
- Working knowledge of FMEA’s, Risk assessments, and Lessons Learned exercises
- Familiarity with IBC/ICC, NFPA, ASHRAE, OSHA, Hazardous locations, and related building codes as they pertain to fuels, fuel storage and test cells
- Basic familiarity with financial management nomenclature
- Excellent communication skills required
- Willingness to travel As Test Systems projects are located throughout multiple venues in North
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.