- As the hands-on technical domain expert evaluate and prioritize requests for product changes, enhancements, new product features, and design workflows related to concept and optimization.
- The focus will be on developing and delivering new optimization methods and workflows for improving sustainability and lightweighting. Continued commercialization of the C123 toolset will be required. Improving and streamlining interpretation tools to speed up the product design cycle will be required.
- Work closely with the solver teams to leverage the latest developments and bring those solutions to the forefront via HyperWorks.
- Consider solutions not just leveraging HyperWorks but across the complete Altair ecosystem.
- Keen eye for attention to detail and overall user experience, participate in the entire development cycle of the product, working closely with the development, user experience, testing, and documentation teams on execution.
- Work closely with support and services team to ensure successful evaluation and adoption of our products while keeping an eye for continuous improvements.
- Work closely with the larger platform teams to ensure synergies with the overall plans and drives alignment with other product owners across the company.
- Assist marketing with technical white papers, application notes, conference/journal proceedings, product positioning presentations, and webinars.
- Evangelize the solution internally and externally; Deliver working examples for various use cases, maintains close relationships with internal/external customers.
What You Will Do:
- Specification preparation for development
- Prioritize new developments
- Perform functional tests on new features throughout development process
- Work with QA and assist in product testing of new and existing functionality
- Manage and write related documentation
- Customer visits to present and communicate technical functionality and gather new requirements
- Understand new trends and customer workflows and drive subsequent implementation in HyperWorks and/or within the other products in the Simulation Suite
- Provide high-level technical support to developers and application engineers worldwide
- Perform internal demos and seminars to promote new product capabilities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Structural/Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace Engineering
- Sound understanding of physics and structural engineering principles
- Good understanding of modeling best practices
- 10+ yrs of industrial experience within either automotive, aerospace, or other domain
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to work effectively with others
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, informal environment where flexibility is important
- Able to take complete ownership for all work being performed and deliver on time
- Knowledge of vehicle structures and vehicle system interactions (for automotive, body/chassis/powertrain)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in NVH/Crash/Durability FE virtual analysis
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using FE Software Optistruct or NASTRAN to analyze NVH performance of vehicles
- Extensive experience running optimization/DOE on vehicle structures
- Experience of developing 3D parametric concept models using concept modeling tool such as SFE CONCEPT is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience using one or more FE pre-processors; HyperMesh, Ansa.
- A minimum of 3 years experience using one or more FE post-processors; HyperView, HyperGraph, MetaPost.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Flex Time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Unlimited vacation and Unlimited sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Collaborative environment
- Charitable Matching Program
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.