About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
About the role
As PQShield’s Product Vulnerability Manager, you will be responsible for driving the operations of our side-channel security testing team – setting the team goals and leading the development of its members.
You’ll be responsible for managing a growing vulnerability analysis team, setting strategic goals for the team and ensuring solution testing aligns with the solution requirements. This role also includes the following responsibilities:
- You’ll be overseeing the team as they build and maintain shared infrastructure for FPGA and microcontroller based testing of side-channel secure cryptographic implementations
- You’ll be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and supporting new recruits within the product vulnerability team ensuring the team has the right capacity and capabilities
- Making sure PQShield’s quality standards are easily accessible to everyone within the business
- Technical leadership of vulnerability analysis methodologies and overseeing their practical application to PQShield technologies
- R&D into the latest SCA techniques on Post Quantum Crypto implementations.
- Challenging team members thinking and methodologies to ensure continuous improvement
- Providing regular updates to senior management on the development and progress of the product vulnerability team
- Developing and implementing metrics to measure the performance and success of the product vulnerability team
You’ll also be ensuring the highest vulnerability analysis standards across the team and working what team members to ensure the highest quality vulnerability work
The ideal candidate for this positions will have a degree level education and seven or more years of experience working as a vulnerability analyst, ideally within the hardware IP space. On top of this, the following skills are also required to be successful in this position:
- Three years or more of experience managing cross functional product vulnerability teams successfully
- An enthusiasm for excellent documentation of code and deliverables
- Knowledge of standards for non-invasive side-channel testing (FIPS 140-3, ISO, Common Criteria)
- Knowledge of Docker or similar tools
- Practical power and EM side-channel analysis implementation. Including but not limited to: target device communication, data storage, analysis techniques and optimising for speed of analysis
- Strong leadership, management and problem solving skills
- Previous experience developing vulnerability teams
- A track record of recruiting, leading and inspiring vulnerability teams
You’ll also have strong communication skills, a strong desire and ability to move up and be promoted within the organisation and you’ll be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team.
At PQshield you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting edge projects whilst being part of an autonomous, collaborative environment. On top of this, we offer some fantastic benefits, such as:
- EMI share option scheme
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 50% gym membership discount
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US we really do have a global reach. You can join our teams in one of these locations, or work remotely across Europe – the choice is yours!
Apply today to join the battle against cyber threats and to be a part of our exciting deep tech start up!
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.