Our client in Allen Park, MI is looking for a Product Engineer Powertrain. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Calibration and development of leading edge aftertreatment technologies for PM, NOx, HC, and CO reduction for gasoline powertrains to meet global emissions and OBD requirements.
- Evaluate and assess vehicle attributes (performance, fuel economy, emissions, diagnostics, NVH) on vehicles and in engine dynamometer test cells.
- Modify powertrain control calibrations to improve fuel economy, performance, emissions, and diagnostics.
- Design and conduct tests to validate engine and vehicle fuel economy, performance, emissions, and diagnostics.
- Conduct vehicle testing and development at remote locations in Arizona, Colorado, and Northern Canada
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Strong understanding and experience with Accurate Technologies, Inc. (ATI), or similar, testing and data acquisition tools and software.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience in Powertrain Calibration.
- 1+ years’ experience with one more of the following software tools: ETAS, ATI, or MATLAB.
- 5+ years of experience in Powertrain Calibration.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.