Our client in Windsor, ON is looking for a Product Cybersecurity Project Manager. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
Product Cybersecurity Project Manager – Senior. The Cybersecurity Project Manager – Senior will co-ordinate and manage progress of cybersecurity controls for organization’s Vehicle systems, ECU’s and Applications produced by the North American team. This position will assist in the goal to reasonably protect road users from new cyber-threats arising from fast evolving vehicle functions and features.
Your mission is to work alongside cybersecurity engineers to understand and align controls for features defined by business leaders assisted by product managers, product owners, and partners to identify opportunities to put science into decision making. Take ownership of producing deliverables such as Cybersecurity Plans and Cybersecurity Assessments, by control and monitoring of on-time and high-quality delivery of artifacts throughout the appropriate vehicle development phases prior to customer release, such as:
- Tailored cybersecurity technical specifications (requirements).
- Design reviews.
- Implementation reviews.
- Validation results, and penetration testing, where applicable.
- Collaborate with other product cybersecurity and EE program management, coordinating portfolios to build connected vehicles and services.
- Oversee the process to identify, track, deliver, and communicate cybersecurity progress and partner tasks.
- Lead cybersecurity aspects of technical projects to converge and optimize platforms between legacy and future connected vehicle systems.
- Drive a single point of view of project status across senior leadership and managers in product cybersecurity to enable compliance with UNECE WP.29 R155 Cyber Security Management Systems and Vehicle Type Approvals coming into effect in July 2024 in the EU, Japan, and South Korea along with NHTSA defined goals in USA and other aligned regions.
- Escalate project risks to leadership with risk values considered along with cost/benefit assessments and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Deliver presentations on analytical projects and roadmaps to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with various Cybersecurity Engineers to build trusted relationships with the software, hardware and product teams acting as a conduit of knowledge.
Top Performers will be able to demonstrate:
- Actively build relationship with partner teams to increase your sphere of influence.
- Be sought after to by enabling the team to deliver spontaneous successes.
- Grow with the team by seeking feedback and offering appropriate and timely feedback from others.
- Innovate to uncover new opportunities to serve our customers and the business.
- Deep understanding of Project Management – Planning, Controlling and Monitoring progress.
- Independent thinker and doer. Self-motivated to identify issues and find ways to solve them within the group (solutions are typically an activity for the group to address).
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Nice-to-have / will learn through exposure = Cybersecurity controls applicable to Embedded Systems and Electronic Control Units (ECU’s)
- Nice-to-have / will learn through exposure = Threat and Risk Assessment awareness or experience (Risk = Impact X Feasibility) where Impacts are viewed from the view of the Road User on Safety, Operational, Financial and Privacy.
- Bachelors from EE, Math, Computer Science or other scientific degrees.
- Desired Project Management Professionals with cybersecurity certifications.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience within automotive, technology, or digital. industries.
- JIRA, MS Project, Confluence or other project management tracking tool experience.
- Familiarity with Electrical and Electronics Development Processes using Kanban, SCRUM and or tradition waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in multicultural teams.
- Strong skills in technical writing and presenting.
- Good self-organization and analytical skills.
- Good proficiency in English.
- Experience or knowledge of SAE J3061.
- Cybersecurity Guidebook for Cyber-Physical Vehicle Systems and/or ISO/SAE 21434.
- Road Vehicles.
- Cybersecurity Engineering or similar standards to bring Connected Vehicles from Feature Concept through Feature End of Life phases.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.