GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you’ll experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Summary of Role:
Our Fab 9 location in Essex Junction, VT is looking to hire Process Engineer Interns who are in pursuit of and have completed their at least their first year in a 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Material Science, Physics, or other relevant discipline to sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. You will be given an intern project that will require you lead the project to completion and share your success through an end of year intern poster session.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Establish and manage the equipment quality control plan.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning.
- Define and maintain equipment installation process qualification or installation roadmaps. Drive process qualifications, implement process control plans and configuration with the area equipment engineers, including qualification, start up and volume ramp of process equipment area process engineers, including installation, start up and volume ramp of process equipment.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize manufacturing processes to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Collaborate with GLOBALFOUNDRIES integration and process engineering to support development of improved next generation technologies. Support technology transfer to other fabricators.
- Ability to marry both the equipment and process sides of issues, focusing on delivering the right results on product.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs.
- Education – Actively pursuing a Technology related bachelor’s degree: Chemical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Physics Engineering, or other relevant discipline or field.
- Fluent in English
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week during the internship.
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Project management skills, i.e., the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.