What You Will Do:
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) Material Handling Engineer Material Handling Engineering has the responsibility for movement and storage of production parts and assemblies within PTME.
A Material Handling Engineer needs working knowledge of the following:
- Material Flow and Lean Layout Concepts
- Stationary Line Feed Equipment
- Storage Equipment
- Mobile Equipment
- Ergonomics PTO ME prime responsibility is to design, development, and launch the manufacturing processes to support new and existing product programs for powertrain components.
A material handling engineer in this organization is required to:
- Develop cost estimates for facilities and equipment
- Develop material flow plan for internal logistics
- Present proposals to peers and management
- Specify and order material handling equipment
- Oversee installation of material handling equipment
- Work within established budgets
- Develop cost savings proposals
- Perform Corrective and Preventative Problem Analysis
A material handling engineer will need training in the following skills:
- Computer Skills; Standard PC Applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.; AutoCAD; ARIBA; Microsoft Project; Eight D; Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Interpersonal Skills
A material handling engineer must have strong interpersonal skills as material equipment and concepts must work throughout the entire manufacturing process. Among others, the material handling engineer must interface with:
- Assembly Engineering
- Machining Engineering
- Productivity Engineering
- Layout Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Packaging Engineering
- Material Planning and Logistics
- Product Design
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Working knowledge of ergonomics.
- Experience in team based environment
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in manufacturing environment
- BS in Engineering preferred.
- Could be supporting Powertrain Plants
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic working environment and diverse team.
- Five years experience in Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- Flexibility in work location, ability to travel, work overtime and holidays when required.