- Analyze data required to understand a problem and develop solutions. This includes, but is not limited to: manufacturing process data, dimensional data, engineering data, quality data etc.
- Drive Best Manufacturing Practices documents, reviewing and approving them for submittal and control thru training development.
- Provide technical inputs for incident investigation considering an integral perspective (manpower, method, machines, materials, and measurement), documenting problem, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Oversee complex measurement systems and methods and coordinate the necessary training associated with those elements.
- Oversee projects related to process and product improvements based on internal and external quality indicators.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of process capability & control plan for internal & external customers.
- Develop and implement systems that improve quality and production performance and ensure sustainable results, therefore driving continuous improvement.
- Assist in the engineering and production process of First Time Builds for new products.
- Work with product engineering to review product designs for Design for Manufacturability.
- Manage the design of small fixture type projects.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.*
- 5+ Years’ experience in Engineering (Process, Product, or Mechanical), Quality, or Operations Management.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in project management.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Statistical Process Control systems
- Experience with ISO/TS or Automotive Quality systems is ideal.
- Must be familiar with Manufacturing techniques such as LEAN & 5S
- Knowledge of mechanical design using 3D software is desired but not required.
- Printed Circuit Board manufacturing experience is desired but not required.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Chemical, other)
- Six Sigma or Problem Solving background
- Experience with ISO/TS or Automotive Quality systems highly desired.