Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality.
Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to systems for the most dynamic market applications including consumer, hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, aerospace industrial and health.
As Product Engineer you are responsible for capturing requirements and driving the development of Cadence’ next generation of chip, package and system design solutions. Drive key customer engagements in cooperation with local/international Field Applications team Interface with R&D team to drive and influence product development to fulfill customer requirements. Manage beta programs, author documentation and track customer issues. Travel, including international travel, may be required.
- Drive key customer engagements in cooperation with local/international Field Applications team
- Interface with R&D team to drive and influence product development to fulfill customer requirements
- Generate demos and Rapid Adoption Kits (RAKs). Provide technical presentations at customer meetings and trade shows
- Generate Product Requirement Specifications (PRS) and interface with R&D team
- Debug tool issues, provide work-arounds, and file bug reports and enhancement requests
- Work with technical publication to ensure proper and easy to read documentation. Highlight new features that are of interest to customers
- Candidate must have 5+ years relevant industry experience with a MSEE -or- 7+ years experience with a BSEE
- Knowledge of PCB, Package SI/PI simulation, familiar with SI/PI tools, like PowerSI, PowerDC, OptimizPI, XtractIM, XcitePI; Knowledge of RF and antenna design, familiar with Microwave Office, EMX, or other tools; Understanding of 3DIC, SiP, chip-package-system co-design, co-simulation methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SKILL programming or scripting languages (TCL, Python, Shell scripts, …)
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Highly motivated to solve technical problems
- Knowledge of 3D computational electromagnetics. Understanding one of FEM, FDTD, MoM or other algorithms. Familiar with electromagnetics software
Cadence is committed to equal employment opportunity and employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. We strive to attract a qualified and diverse candidate pool and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.