Our client in Windsor, ON is looking for a Powertrain Design Release Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
Acts as the owner of assigned driveline & axle components (axles, RDM, PTU, T-Case, prop shaft, half shaft, brackets, etc.). Executes product design, analysis, release and testing per technical infrastructure.
- Responsible for the complete design and product delivery against technical requirements for the assigned components and products. Components and products may be complex, or include new technology, requiring related and relevant prior experience.
- Develop subject matter expertise for select components or assemblies as assigned.
- Coach entry level engineers as required.
- Recognized as single point leadership contact for suppliers’ product engineering.
- Manages and tracks supplier product engineering activities and deliverables, including supplier test plans and test execution.
- Prepares product engineering work plans in accordance with program and project timing and milestones.
- Completes and documents advanced analysis and simulation of actuation mechanisms, including electro-mechanical and servo-hydraulic subsystems.
- Executes engineering deliverables in adherence to technical infrastructure and product development process deliverables, reviews, sign-offs, and report-outs, including:
- Develops technical requirements for components and subsystems of driveline & axles including purchased assemblies.
- Completes all required technical source package documentation to support supplier quotes.
- Evaluates designs to the engineering best practice documents and completes supplier design reviews.
- Captures all lessons learned, and ensures timely execution of all calculations, analysis, and simulation in alignment with test plans and requirements.
- Develops DFMEAs and evaluates designs for failure modes robustness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in the electrical vehicle industry or product engineering design, validation and engineering projects development with
- OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in transmission, driveline & axles or related area.
- Must have DRE experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Electrification experience is desired.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.