The PMO Manager will be instrumental to the development of the newly formed Enterprise PMO department. You will oversee the portfolio’s governance and procedural processes, develop the project governance and control structures and maintain their use. You will be an integral part of the project team that is driving the strategic future of the company at a global level, you will be joining at a time of positive change and growth as we establish ourselves as a global leader within the market.
In addition, the PMO Manager will support the line function in the further development and implementation of processes and governance activities required across the project portfolio.
- Establish a control framework to meet the specific project requirements and company guidelines.
- Support the development of the project governance and establish the necessary project-specific processes to accomplish these. The PMO Manager will oversee the internal quality assurance, monitoring, and audit of the governance processes and systems.
- Roll out systems to the wider team and ensure that adequate training and awareness sessions are provided.
- Establish and manage the project governance Team in their day-to-day activities.
- Co-ordinate and align with control functions that are not included within the PMO Team e.g. finance, legal, compliance etc.
- Coordinate and supervise the development of project delivery schedules, the reporting tools including project progress and project management interfaces.
- Manage, implement, and maintain the change control process across all functions of the project.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team and executive leadership and project team to ensure alignment on company goals.
- Oversee the project resource at enterprise level, tracking process and take part in the status and reporting of project resources.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting according to the project and company needs ensuring data is accurate, and processes surrounding it are fit-for-purpose.
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis to track project performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Work at portfolio level to ensure that the controls framework is consistent and where applicable is continually being improved.
- Support and challenge the PMO team members to establish themselves and their roles in the team and be an ambassador for the PMO in the wider project organisation.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on programme management methodologies.
- Promote Health, Safety, Well-being, and Environmental good practices.
Qualifications and training
- A relevant Project Management Certificate such as Prince 2 or APMP.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience being a PMO Manager with experience in cost management, planning & scheduling, cost and schedule risk analysis, change control and information management.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising, and prioritising tasks.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and especially Microsoft project.
- Demonstrable competence in leading or working within high-performing, diverse, mixed-discipline teams.
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal (English).
- Proactive and motivated approach with good leadership and solid interpersonal skills (desirable).
- Ability to identify a problem or conflict, identify potential solutions, and analyse the solutions leading to a recommendation for the optimum solution (desirable).
- Willingness to travel for specific tasks (desirable).