As an Alphawave Principal Solution Engineer within the IP Solutions organization, you are responsible for partnering with our most valuable customers to design complex IP subsystems utilizing Alphawave bleeding edge IP. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of the Alphawave IP product line during engagements with our customers. This includes pre-sale customer requirements, industry standard trends and customization. You will engage with R&D team and marketing team to draft IP specification and requirements to satisfy our customer applications and improve the IP integration experience. You will also be required to solve complex Subsystem usage and track implementation issues during execution.
We are seeking an experienced Photonic chip designer to lead our development of optical connectivity products.
What You’ll Do
- Assemble and serve as the lead for a photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design team
- Perform modeling, design, and verification on photonic IC components using industry-standard CAD tools and PDKs from leading foundries
- Work with the chip engineering, packaging, and system teams to develop PIC specifications
- Advise on PIC packaging and test strategies
- Reports to the CTO and advises on long-term PIC strategy
What You’ll Need
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- 2+ years conducting PIC design for products in industry
- Expert knowledge in commercial photonic CAD
- Ability to communicate technical details succinctly and clearly within your own team, other internal teams, external teams, and senior management
- Extremely detail oriented
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to adapt to fast moving, changing environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.