GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking experienced professionals to support the state of the art 300mm semiconductor manufacturing and development in Malta, New York. The core responsibilities of this team involve ownership of process integration of semiconductor devices; monitoring performance and driving improvements related to technology yield, Cp/Cpk of inline and electrical parameters, defectivity, and more. The team is also responsible for the development of new and emerging technologies through definition/execution of experiments and technical data analysis. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a technical understanding of semiconductor principles and an understanding of a balanced scorecard approach to develop, sustain, and improve semiconductor technologies with quality, cost, and delivery all considered.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
•Optimizes and develops semiconductor processes to improve device (MOSFET, BJT, Resistor, etc.) performance, matching and yield.
Typically performs one or more of the following in the capacity of an individual contributor:
• Data analysis of experiment or volume manufacturing electrical and metrology data for the purpose to understand causes of device behavior, variability or performance shortfall
• Experiment or process modification to establish improved processes
• Define and manage specifications that are consistent with the manufacturing and product requirements
• Monitor the manufacturing data stream in order to minimize the time to detect process anomalies and drive actions to respond
• Engage with many other experts on process integration, processes, metrology, and product in order to understand complex issues and to optimize yields
• Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
• Work and collaboration other projects and/or assignments as needed
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in physics
- Experience: 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of semiconductor devices and processes
- Strong curiosity in device behavior, causes of variation, and product interaction
- Strong capability in computer skills including programming, supporting data analysis across many sources
- Strong knowledge of electrical concepts supporting electrical test definition and diagnostics
- Strong communication skills, reducing the knowledge obtained to basics needed to align with larger technical team and with management
- Self-motivated to explore unknowns and to engage with the team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.