Welcome to Codasip
We believe Codasip is the most innovative processor solutions company. We take pride in designing and developing cutting-edge, high-performance, and energy-efficient CPU cores from scratch, and our own automated proprietary tools to fully customize them. We give our customers a unique competitive advantage by empowering their system-on-chip developers to build the most innovative products.
Our processor cores are based on the RISC-V open architecture. The potential for customizing RISC-V is unlocked with the Codasip Custom Compute approach: our unique architecture description language, CodAL, and the powerful automated processor design tool, Codasip Studio. These are at the heart of our unique and groundbreaking RISC-V processor solutions.
Founded in 2014, we’ve grown into a thriving and talented global community. Our IP engineering teams work from offices spread across Europe, including our first and largest design center in the beautiful city of Brno, Czechia. Across Europe, we already have design teams in Cambridge, Bristol, Munich, Villeneuve-Loubet, Barcelona, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Athens. The Codasip team is also based close to its customers, which means we have dedicated sales and application engineers in the USA, Japan, Korea, and China.
Codasip is a private company backed by well-funded EU grants. Our products are already making a real impact, with billions of devices already in the market powered by our processor IP and tools.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a results-oriented physical design engineer to join our Physical Design team. You will be working very closely with Design engineers and try to provide feedback from Backend perspective with regards to achievable PPA.
To ensure success as a physical design engineer, you should demonstrate extensive knowledge of flow and tools used, and contribute to flow maturity and development to achieve best results.
- Synthesis and Floorplanning on CPU IPs of varying complexity
- Take ownership of one or more physical design activities on live Development projects
- Analyze timing and power consumption of the design
- Contribute to design methodology, library evaluation
- Work closely with Design engineers and give feedback from a PD perspective
- Contribute to PPA activities for marketing/product teams
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, or equivalent practical experience
- Industry experience with advanced design, including clock/voltage domain crossing, design for testing (DFT), and low power designs
- Experience with full RTL2GDSII flow and System on a Chip (SoC) work. Including Synthesis,LEC,Floorplanning, PnR , STA
- Industry experience on latest process nodes like 16/12/7nm
- Experience in high-performance, high-frequency, and low-power designs
- Great collaboration, and communication skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational, time management, and recordkeeping skills
Want to be an architect of ambition? Join Codasip
At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.