Synopsys is looking for a legal assistant to join our legal team in Shanghai, China. This person will provide non-legal employment law support for China and the Asia Pacific region, including Taiwan, Japan, Korea and Vietnam. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both Mandarin and English and will possess experience with litigation and/or employment law. The position will report directly to the US-based Senior Director, Global Employment Law and will work closely with the Sr. Corporate Counsel, APAC Employment Law. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a thriving multinational technology company that is at the heart of next generation technology.
- Support the APAC Employment Law Team on a variety of HR/employment law matters and general administrative matters
- Assist with investigations including, note taking, fact gathering, collection of documents, and witness interviews
- Review and revise employment documents, policies, and processes for readability and practicality
- Coordinate the translation of HR documents and policies from English to the local language
- Perform non-attorney research such as benchmarking data
- Conduct interviews, Internet searches and succinctly summarize the results
- Track, maintain and manage legal records, circulate projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Major in Law, Literature or English with excellent English writing abilities is preferred
- 1-2 years paralegal experience or Chinese Bar qualification is a plus
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and trust
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A positive outlook, a can-do attitude, and an appetite for learning new things
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.