A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Orbital Welder/Assembler you will perform orbital GTAW tube welding, assembly, and installation of mechanical components onto sheet metal plates and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment manufactured by SEMC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Center. Knowledge of using orbital welding equipment, the safe use of hand tools such as drills (portable battery and drill press), taps, wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, cutoff tools jigs and fixtures as are necessary to perform the duties of this position. You will also perform inspection and general tool maintenance and use a deionized water system with ultrasonic baths and a drying oven. The shift is Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm.
- Drilling, tapping and component layout on sheet metal
- Cutting and bending stainless steel tubing
- Parts cleaning
- Mechanical finishing and labeling of systems during assembly
- Checking raw materials and quantities against a bill of materials and arranging them according to a design drawing
- Work in a cleanroom work environment and wear PPE such as a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves
- Up to 6 hours of seated weld station work
- Manual dexterity for placing work within the weld head
- Ability to straighten the welded piping spools
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and transfer that weight at waist height or knee height
- Push/Pull 200lb metal boxes on wheels
- Stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete
- Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table
- Full range of motion with their arms and legs
The pay rate for this role is $30.52/hr plus .65 cent differential.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience interpreting and following written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical drawings
- Self-starting and motivated
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
- Ability to work with a team and independently
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.vibrantm.com.