Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data-demanding industries today, including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission-critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and our proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
Opex & Capex Finance Business Partner
The Finance function at Alphawave Semi is evolving, and in FP&A we are focused on partnering with the business, to support and challenge them to succeed in delivering our ambitious growth strategy.
We are now looking to add a motivated Finance Business Partner, to help us further develop our forecasting and reporting.
You will collaborate closely with senior leaders and their wider teams, to provide valuable insights and financial guidance, to support and challenge decision-making.
You will focus on:
- Our Central R&D (CR&D) team, to support and challenge the team to deliver our revenue forecast and invest for future business growth.
- Our Corporate functions (eg Legal, HR, Facilities etc) to ensure we are investing wisely to maximize value to the business and deliver our strategic plan.
This is a senior role that will support and interact with our executive leaders and their teams. It also requires strong technical accounting insight to review spend to ensure correct opex and capex treatment.
This role will report directly to the Director of FP&A and is based in our Toronto office in Canada.
What you’ll do:
1. Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop and maintain financial models to support budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning.
- Analyze financial performance, variances and trends to identify opportunities and risks.
- Prepare and present financial reports, with an initial focus on monthly opex reporting and headcount, for actuals vs budget vs forecast.
2. Business Partnering:
- Key Finance Business Partner to CR&D and Corporate teams.
- Collaborate with business leaders and their teams to understand their needs and objectives.
- Serve as a trusted advisor by providing financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Assist in the development of business cases for new initiatives, investments, and projects.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and projects where expenditure should be capitalized.
3. Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Support delivery of monthly/quarterly forecasting and the annual budgeting process by working closely with senior management and their teams.
- Tell the story behind the numbers so we understand the outcomes of different scenarios.
- Identify risks and opportunities and help budget owners mitigate risks and exploit opportunities.
4. Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and distribute regular financial reports and dashboards to stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data and reports.
- Understand and explain any variances to prior reporting (eg vs last month or last quarter).
- Support timely delivery of overall Group monthly management reporting.
5. Ad Hoc Analysis:
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis as and when needed.
- Investigate and resolve financial inquiries and issues.
- Proactively support key stakeholders as their finance trusted advisor.
6. Process Improvement:
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy across Finance and specifically for financial reporting and analysis.
- Identify opportunities to maximize systems and reports, to automate and move to self-service reporting.
- Support delivery of half-year/year-end reporting and audit.
7. Building Relationships
- Build great relationships outside of Finance to strengthen the link between Finance and the rest of the business, and to help develop a strong reputation for the Finance team.
- Build great relationships across the Finance team to help us improve our processes and outputs.
What you’ll need:
- Recognized accountancy qualification.
- Experience of working in a Finance role that directly supports a team/area of the business, with a strong relationship with senior management.
- Experience of owning the financial reporting/forecasting/budgeting for cost center(s).
- Financial modelling experience.
- Strong Excel skills and experience of an ERP system like SAP or Oracle. Consolidation and reporting tools (eg Power BI) experience would also be great.
- Some technical accounting experience would be advantageous.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the semiconductor industry, but experience of working in the technology space would also be a strength.
“Hybrid work environment”
As part of our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our employees, we have designed a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great compensation package
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid time off
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.