Samtec is seeking an Office Administrator/Facilities Coordinator for our Colorado Springs, CO facility. The schedule is M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- This position starts out as temporary. There is opportunity for full time status after an evaluation period and if the business needs align.
- Pay is $18.75 – $22.00 per hour and is commensurate with experience.
- Standard benefit offerings available during temporary status are health, dental, vision, term life, short term disability, AD&D and EAP, if full time status is offered standard benefits are medical (HSA/PPO) dental, vision, group life, AD&D, short and long term disability, EAP, 401K plus other voluntary options, as well as paid time off.
The Office Administrator role includes a wide range of facility services and/or activities including routine and non-routine tasks to be independently completed according to office guidelines and/or by the request of HR Manager, Plant Manager, or other staff members. This role will interact frequently with customers /clients/vendors to maintain and strengthen relationships and to ensure work/deliverables meet expectations. This person may also assist each customer by providing individualized service, accurate information, efficient service and timely follow-up.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Be the face for Samtec and ensure good first impression with customer, visitors, and associates. Model sudden service and Samtec DNA
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company.
- Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems utilizing education, experience, and judgment.
- Be single point of contact for Facility & Services in a specific location.
- General Reception during customer visits.
- Will act as main point of contact to support (including meeting room preparation, catering, and special events) visits from customers, partners, staff, or new hires.
- Daily stocking/restocking and ordering of supplies for break rooms, office area and conference rooms.
- Ensure common office areas are kept tidy and meeting rooms are well equipped.
- Event planning and execution. Planning events, creating emails/flyers for events & posting them onsite TVs/flyers in breakrooms/where appropriate.
- Decorating facility and breakroom areas Holiday decorations
- Assist HR, Plant Manager, and Payroll with administrative tasks as required / needed.
- Own portions of associate on-boarding process, including pictures, badging, access, and scheduling.
- Credit card reconciliation
- Birthday/anniversary cards
Demonstrate ownership of this role by:
- Scheduling front desk coverage as appropriate during absences or other vacancies
- Managing appropriate vendor contracts and pricing
- Anticipating needs of facility, HR, Plant Manager, or facility and being ahead of those
- Partner with facilities department in owning general cleanliness and décor, including set up for holidays and events.
- 3+ Years’ Experience working as an Office Administrator/Coordinator or relevant role.
- Strong customer service skills, communication, adaptability, and teamwork
- Ability to multi-task, impeccable organization/time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills using MSOffice suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel Power Point) and office equipment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Proven track record of trust
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- College work in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.