Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for an OBD Compliance & Certification Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The Technical Safety & Regulatory Compliance organization is currently seeking an On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Compliance and Certification Documentation Engineer to join the team in a remote working environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing all certification documentation required by the California Air Resources Board, the EPA, Europe and all other regions that require OBD certification documentation.
- Working with the Advance OBD Groups and the Production OBD Calibration Groups to ensure compliant production implementation.
- Instructing and guiding others as appropriate in our OBD world relative to basic monitoring requirements to be followed for compliant vehicles.
- The defined tasks and responsibilities will be shared by several engineers in order to cover the complete scope of this position.
- 3 to 5 years experience.
- Experience in On Board Diagnostics, vehicle troubleshooting, automotive electrical/electronic systems, and emissions systems.
- Ability to read software written in various forms: Matlab/Simulink, C++, Pseudocode, flowcharts.
- Above average reading and writing skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Computer Engineering or equivalent from an accredited program.
- On-board diagnostics and base engine control software knowledge.
- Experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK/C++.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Visio and Acces.
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of coordinating activities with numerous internal and external groups.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Systems or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2 or more years of automotive engineering experience in gasoline, hybrid or diesel controls or On-Board Diagnostics.
- Experienced in database applications, e.g., Microsoft Access database, Oracle.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.