The New Product Design Engineer designs and develops within New Product or Sustaining Product Engineering.
- Make significant contributions to design of connector solutions, (including but not limited to board, cable, power, high speed, and panel mount products).
- Works hands on to identify problems during new product development and/or when quality concerns arise.
- Adhere to all corporate engineering standards including but not limited to documentation, file management, part modeling, and part simulation.
- Works directly with Marketing and Sales to review opportunities and develop engineering cost analyses based on Product Scopes, work directly with purchasing, quality, manufacturing engineering, test engineering, process engineering, electroplating, suppliers, and other necessary groups as a cross-functional team to design products and solutions.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 2 or more years of experience in connector design/manufacturing required.
- Component, assembly design, and manufacturing experience may be considered in lieu of this.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in design of, plastic injection molding, and progressive die stamping.
- Engineering Design Software: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Simulation Software: FEA, CFD/Thermal Modeling, etc. is preferred, but not required.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.