Intel® is about so much more than hardware! We are building the best team in the world for developing cutting edge software to pair with our industry-leading hardware products. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
You have a unique way of looking at the world. We want to see it!
Step inside our world and you’ll find brilliant minds working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. Through this shared dedication – this culture of innovation and exploration – we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself: Look Inside. We invite you to join our creative and flexible team as a Software Engineer.
Intel® is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the Ethernet Products Group (EPG) within our larger Network and Edge Group (NEX) as a Network Software Validation Engineer. Within Intel’s EPG join a creative team of engineers who relentlessly drives the highest quality of EPG products with the most optimal cost via continuous improvement, learning and product mindset.
As a Network Software Validation Engineer on this team, you will:
- Be responsible for the validation of network drivers on various operating systems across Linux, Windows, free BSD, and ESXi on a variety of foundational and smart NIC products.
- Review and analyze the requirement documents and architecture specifications to understand the product and will interact with marketing and architecture teams to understand the scalability, performance aspects, and customer use cases.
- Develop test strategy for the new features and products.- Develop and maintain software test plans.
- Perform thorough debug of the systems to assist in the problem identification and resolution.
- Work alongside software development and hardware teams to analyze and debug software or hardware issues.
- Develop automated testcases and execute them using automation framework.
- Use agile software development methodologies in the software development life cycle.
- Lead the validation within the domain.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
You must possess the below minimum education requirements and minimum required qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience.
- Experience in validation and debug of software.
- Experience with network and/or security protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Python, etc).
- Experience with SONiC, SAI, and Openconfig.
- Experience in OVS, programmable device using P4, and DPDK.
- Experience with software testing and test methodology and functional integration regression
- Experience with various testing tools.
- Experience leading or managing software validation or testing projects
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.intel.com.