NetApp is a cloud-led, data-centric software company that helps organizations put data to work in applications that elevate their business. We help organizations unlock the best of cloud technology.
Explore a business where nothing stands still. Where your ideas can make a difference and where you’ll be part of a collaborative, open-minded culture while you contribute to innovative work. Be part of us and help us meet our customer needs as you broaden your skills, get exposure to amazing work culture, rubbing shoulders with senior leaders, and product innovators, which will be a great jump-start in your career.
Join us and see where you can make an impact at NetApp!
NetApp is bringing its industry leading, long-proven, enterprise-class data storage technologies into world’s biggest public clouds and the simplicity & flexibility of cloud into customers’ data centers. To realize the mission, we are developing a portfolio of cloud-led, data-centric storage platforms and services to help the world’s leading organizations harness their data in new and interesting ways.
Our team is incubating new products that leverage the best-of-breed cloud-native managed services. We are creating a data-centric platform that will enable our partners and customers to create new and innovative data services through an API-first approach. This will foster rapid innovation in NetApp’s product ecosystem and will enable data management across edge, core datacenter and cloud. Our team operates as a startup within the larger NetApp organization.
We are looking for smart team players like you, who think and act as owners with a growth mindset and who can embrace a fast-paced environment.
This is a developer role as part of the research and development function of NetApp.
We expect you to be:
- an excellent developer who will work with other team members to evolve the design,
- responsible for the implementation as per architecture and design requirements, and
- extremely sensitive to performance, scale, security, and cost of solution.
- Thorough understanding and experience with building data-centric full-stack SaaS applications on at least one of the major hyper-scaler cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform).
- Understanding of design, architecture principles and best practices in cloud, that include cloud health monitoring, capacity metering, billing.
- Proficient in one or more of: Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, C++.
- Experience using and implementing REST API and/ or GraphQL.
- Preference to hands-on expertise with serverless technologies and asynchronous programming.
- Experience using NoSQL databases (such as, DynamoDB). Working knowledge with a graph database would be an added plus.
- Experience with CI build systems and automated testing.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code, such as Cloud Formation stack.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Sound systems constructions knowledge using databases, caching, scaling techniques, failure models, load balancers, networking etc.
- Work in a team of engineers responsible for all phases of software development life cycle.
- Work remotely for the most part, with meeting in NetApp office on a need basis.
- B.E./ B-Tech or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and must be hands-on with coding.
- Excellent problem-solving, strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Penchant for learning new technologies and a mindset for experimentation.
- A delivery-oriented mindset and an eye for detail.
What you’ll love about us:
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce (Teams, Workers, Members) with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals (people/team members) of all backgrounds, including individuals (people/team members) with disabilities, to apply for open positions at NetApp.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit netapp.eightfold.ai.