Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
This position will be based in Santa Rosa, California, a beautiful area nestled in the Sonoma Valley wine country in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Rosa offers a unique blend of food and culture, and some of the world’s most coveted wines and microbreweries. Enjoy convenient access to local outdoor scenery for hiking, bicycling, or a relaxing picnic along the coastline, in the redwood forest, or other local and state parks. Escape the weekend to famous destinations such as Tahoe, Yosemite, Monterey.
Keysight is the world’s leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Keysight Technology Organization, which helps Keysight be first to market, focusing on top opportunities and market trends that address unmet needs. As a MMIC Design Engineer, you will be joining a dedicated team of visionaries to innovate and deliver the next generation of high frequency, state of the art components that enable breakthrough performance in Keysight’s instruments. Keysight fosters a collaborative engineering environment which emphasizes teamwork, enthusiasm, and excellence in creating high performance solutions.
As a key contributor in a diverse team, you will design, layout, and validate high performance millimeter-wave ICs powering Keysight’s next generation instruments. Responsibilities include working closely with internal customers to understand and define critical performance parameters, matching requirements to advanced semiconductor processes, and executing, characterizing, and documenting the final design. Designers will be using industry leading tools, supported by a world class measurement lab, comprehensive device modeling, and collaborating with a broad, experienced engineering team.
Education: M.S., or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or closely related field, with thesis work and/or relevant industry experience in mm-wave IC design
• At least 3 years of experience working on mm-wave IC design in advanced semiconductor technologies (can include relevant M.S. or Ph.D. work)
• Experience must include at least one cycle of transistor/diode level design, physical layout, verification (DRC, LVS), and measurement validation
• Experience with multiple types of mm-wave frequency circuits (mixers, amplifiers, multipliers, filters at > 30GHz)
• Experience with high power in a single MMIC is a plus (> +30dBm)
• Experience in system level analysis is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, document, and present results
A strong candidate will also have:
• Knowledge in device modelling, thermal design, and IC package design
• Experience in wafer probe calibration and measurements
• Knowledge and experience in thin film and PCB board design is a plus
• Experience in using the following tools or equivalent: ADS, Momentum, EMPro, SystemVue
A successful person in this job will have:
• An understanding of devices and their parasitics, enabling creative design to push process limitations
• An understanding of current state of the art technologies and what might be possible with a combination of circuit design and process capabilities, helping to drive key specifications
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, time management and communication skills to work in dynamic environment as part of multiple teams working on multiple projects
• Be highly motivated to accomplish all the tasks required to meet aggressive product development schedules and world class manufacturing expectations