Website Mentor Graphics
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be a senior member of the technology staff for the Calypto Systems Formal Verification solutions.
The Formal Verification Technologist team plays a key role as technical experts supporting and driving new methodologies of verification in raising the design/verification abstraction to C and driving the rapid growth of the Catapult High-Level Synthesis products.
The position works closely with both a dedicated FAE and Sales team and directly with customers to help solve problems, interface into R&D as a customer advocate and serve as world-wide technical expert.
The ideal candidate is deeply technical with extensive experience in Formal verification and/or ASIC design, has strong communication skills,experience working with customers and is self-motivated and can work independently.
• Work with Catapult HLS customers (both experienced and new to HLS) to drive deployment of SLEC-HLS formal equivalence for C->RTL; working with them to both get their designs up and running successfully, understand their current verification methodology and efficiently compliment this with new formal methodology.
• Work with R&D and product marketing to collaboratively drive user requirements gathered from your experience and customers and field engineers for SLEC C->RTL ease of use and scalability.
• Create and deliver various example designs and reference flows for SLEC C->RTL(both HLS and Manual) and verification methodology documents using in-depth understanding of formal methods and IC design flows and tools.
• Create and deliver coding style recommendations and guidelines to help ease adoption of SLEC-HLS formal verification for Catapult HLS users.
• Create and deliver technical training for experienced AE’s and customers in addition to technical white papers, application notes and technical presentations • Lead agile teams with R&D for SLEC with a focus on requirements and deliverables
• BS/MSEE or related field experience required
• Solid background in RTL design for ASIC/FPGA with 10+ years relevant work experience
• Solid background and experience with Formal verification tools and approaches; specifically logical equivalence and experience with C->RTL tools such as Jasper/Hector, etc preferred.
• Knowledge of C++ and/or SystemC and object-oriented design preferred
• Experience with HLS preferred
• Experience with ASIC RTL synthesis tools (Design Compiler, RTL Compiler, etc) preferred
• Demonstrated strength in problem solving skills
• Extremely strong communication skills and proven track-record of working collaboratively with both R&D technical team and other marketing and sales
•Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Travel: Travel including some international travel will be required
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.