Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
We are looking for an Mechanical Engineer. This position will be based in Wendell, NC.
The Electrification & Automation (EA) Business Unit located near Raleigh, NC is growing steadily. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic candidates for our medium voltage switchgear engineering team. We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and engaging environment where experienced engineers can sharpen their skills and continue to grow.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review customer specifications and requirements while working with your engineering project team to ensure we deliver a complete and optimal product.
- Take overall mechanical ownership of the project bill of materials including developing new assemblies, validating functionality, and releasing the part/assemblies to production.
- Provide direction as mechanical technical lead to a team of designers who will take your concepts and turn them into new or updated 3D models.
- Help improve our products by working collaboratively to identify design enhancements and then working to integrate them.
- Design models of parts and assemblies for energy management equipment from concept to completed 3D model.
- Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality, and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Work directly with the factory manufacturing team addressing any challenges as they produce your designs.
- Provide on-site factory support to the local production team as needed.
- Assist other factory departments with questions or problems related to engineering design, assembly, or troubleshooting.
- Help improve our processes and tools by providing feedback to team leads and business excellence teams.
- Siemens products supported by this role: SIEBREAK medium-voltage metal-enclosed interrupter and medium voltage gas insulated switchgear as needed.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical engineering role.
- Experience working with 3D models.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders effectively and accurately.
- Excellent collaboration, leadership, and decision-making skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and willingness to learn product configuration and applications.
- Minimum Travel Required – Less than 10%.
- Currently in or willing to relocate to the Raleigh/Wendell, NC area.
- Candidate to have work authorization that would permit them to work within the United States.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working within a complex made-to-order manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency working with SAP or similar MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficiency working with complex engineering BoMs “Bill of Materials.”
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $59,400 – $101,900. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.