Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
The Manufacturing Simulation Engineer Intern will work jointly with senior application engineers who are responsible for actively driving and managing the technical evaluation and application of Altair’s Simulation technology to solve manufacturing process problems faced by customers and prospects.
What You Will Do:
- Work with existing customers to create workflows using Altair’s suite of engineering tools to develop efficient processes and better products.
- Research and add material characteristics for various plastics to expand Altair’s material library.
- Design and conduct Altair product presentations and demonstrations.
- Proactively contact and work with partners, prospects and customers
- Interface with and aid Altair’s customer support organization with their efforts to assist customers with resolving customer support issues.
- Learn Altair’s Manufacturing tools used to solve Injections molding and Casting defects and gain understanding of tools and workflows.
- Work on customer and prospects benchmark projects.
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge and strong interest in Injection Molding and Metal Casting process concepts and applications
- Good communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of technical users and management
- Excellent presentation skills
Aptitude for solving engineering problems
- CAD Experience
- CAE Experience
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Training & Development – free training on Altair products
- Paid Holidays
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation, and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com .
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.