Samtec is looking for a Manufacturing Production Operator to work on our Fiber Attach product line. The position is for first shift in our Colorado Springs, CO location. First shift hours are M-F 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- This position is temporary. There is opportunity for full time status after an evaluation period and if the business needs align.
- Pay is $18.25 – $ 18.75 per hour and is commensurate with experience.
- Standard benefit offerings available during temporary status are health, dental, vision, term life, short term disability, AD&D and EAP.
- If full time status is offered standard benefits are medical (HSA/PPO) dental, vision, group life, AD&D, short and long term disability, EAP, 401K plus other voluntary options, as well as paid time off.
As a Fiber Attach (FA) operator, the main objective will be to prepare optical cable for the attach process, attach the cable to an optical connector and perform required testing and inspections on assemblies.
- Be able to heat strip, cleave and inspect fiber
- Attach optical cable to connectors
- Perform measurements, alignment and testing of optical cable
- Have a good understanding of the work instructions that apply to the area
- Read, comprehend and be able to build orders according to information/specifications found on blueprints and PICS
- Must be familiar with all equipment and tooling and understand how and why it is used in the assembly process
- Must be able to use a microscope for extended periods of time
- Maintain in process workflow in a lean manufacturing environment
- Must a have a quality mindset throughout all processes
- Communicate effectively with co-workers (both written and verbal)
- Must have patience with new, tedious processes and have the creative mindset to suggest ideas for improved processes and tooling
- Must be willing to pay attention to detail
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- One Year Production/Manufacturing experience.
- Must be willing to adhere to department safety rules and regulations. May be exposed to noise (required to wear protective gear). May be exposed to Hazardous Materials & Chemicals (required to wear safety glasses and other protective gear).
- Steady hands
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to work in a clean work environment.
- Must be able to sit/stand for at least 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
On the job training as appropriate.
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $1 Billion global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.