Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Using CAD software (Solidworks), Design all mechanical elements of either manual, semi-automatic or fully automatic tooling and equipment used in volume production in Samtec’s assembly processes.
- Communicate in a collaborative environment to provide mechanical design support for the design needs of internal customers.
- Validate that Product Quality and Process Reliability are designed into all projects through project qualifications.
- Understand the purposes and review of project costing and margin requirements with applications engineering.
- Develops clear, measureable requirements for success based on the established standards and in concert with project teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a detailed project schedule to update Management of the status on the progress of the project in regular basis.
- Responsible for the project specifications, evaluation of suppliers, their quotations and cost control of the project budget.
- Ensures the project delivered is compliant with all relevant OSHA, ANSI and local standards in respect to the design and engineering work practices.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the project team throughout the project on:
- Machine/Equipment/Tooling design and status.
- Controls/Systems design and status.
- Review project specifications, deliverables and requirement with applications engineering.
- Track all changes with a written Project Change Notification and maintains a revision summary.
- Record, address and resolves issues that impact project timing and/or scope.
- Develop contingency plans or recovery plans as required.
- Monitor the timing and cost of the fabrication to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
- Any other job related duties as assigned by management
- 5-10 years relevant working experience in:
- Automation Machine Design (optional)
- Design for Manufacturing
- High Speed Assembly Equipment (optional)
- Machine Tools
- Precision Tooling
- Industrial Machine Control Systems (optional)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in project management is preferred.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanour, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required. Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-orientated and focused.
- Printed Circuit Board manufacturing experience is desired but not required
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Manufacturing Engineering from an ABET Accredited College.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.