A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Bulk Gas Maintenance Technician to support the maintenance of electronics, control and automation systems with the MEGASYS® team in Austin, TX.
In this role, you will be implementing and performing maintenance on electrical power circuits and equipment used in a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips for electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED’s, and Flat Screen TV’s.
This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Technicians will work a standard 40-hour schedule, and are available to provide support to the 24×7 facility during off-hours as needed.
The Bulk Gas Maintenance Technician will maintain control and automation systems, electronic and pneumatic equipment used in pipeline applications, compressor stations, pump stations, plant operations and measurement facilities. This role will handle a range of related responsibilities, including the following:
- Installing, inspecting, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment (along with associated documentation)
- Performing preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors, drivers, and auxiliary equipment
- Completing Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems
- Identification, reporting, and correcting any safety / environmental concerns
- Maintenance of electrical switch gear and power distribution
- Overseeing the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties
- Staying up to date on Operations Qualifications and required training
- Demonstrating a customer-focused mindset
- Responding to and addressing callouts and emergencies (within 1 hour) during and after regular business hours including after dark hours
- 40% of walking throughout the facility (5-6 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall, elevated platforms, excavated areas and stairwells (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
- Working in potentially extreme weather conditions
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services where EMD Electronics Technicians and Engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management.
Military Veterans: MEGASYS® is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in semiconductor, manufacturing or industrial environment
- 2-Year Associate Degree with accompanied technical training
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Proficient with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of process controls and gas processing fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience preparing drawings of electrical circuits
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Demonstrated job planning and prioritizing experience
- Intermediate computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, and focus on attention to details
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.vibrantm.com.