Do you enjoy electronics manufacturing? Samtec is seeking MACHINE OPERATORS for Extrusion.
Pay starts at $20/hr with some machine manufacturing experience. These positions are located in our Wilsonville, OR cable plant. Shifts are set schedules: 12 hours, 3 days per week, days are 5am-5pm (MTW or ThFSa) and nights are 5pm-5am (SuMTu or WThF). Full benefits!
The associate may train on a different shift/schedule for a month prior to transferring to the regular schedule. Flexibility is important. On the job training provided, bonuses, with a people-centric culture. Great benefits! 5% 401(k) match AND 7% 401(k) profit sharing contribution, paid Holidays, Vacation/PTO, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Tuition Assistance for engineering degrees and so much more!
Samtec has been recognized by Fortune Magazine as a Top 15 Best US Workplaces for Manufacturing and Production and is rated as a service leader in the Electronic Interconnect industry. We are looking for people who enjoy using their hands, solving problems, and learning new things to operate equipment and tooling for the extrusion and Shielding functions.
- Good computer entry skills with attention to detail.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, schematics, shop orders, read prints, operating instructions, perform basic math calculations, basic statistics interpretation, identify basic functional problems, take corrective action, and interface with supervisors and engineers to solve problems.
- Experience with cable manufacturing processes is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical degree or certificate is a plus
Physical Requirements – Extrusion
- Able to stand and walk for 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities – Extrusion
- Set up and run extruder jobs for customer orders.
- Work with high temperature machine/parts up to 1000˚F
- Manage job inventory per established methods and procedures.
- Follow the approved processes related to:
- Machine manufacturing
- Resin type and color mix
- Extruder running temperatures
- Line speed
- Line peripheral settings
- Reel quantities
- Recipe used for cable measurements
- Product usage and inventory issues
- Other special instructions
- Complete and maintain the required paperwork
- Enter Maintenance Requests when machine issues are identified.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area (tools and tooling in designated bin), floor swept, and garbage emptied.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.