A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the Logistics Specialist at EMD Electronics, you will be responsible for providing 3PL support, SAP support, and cost support in the warehousing and transportation space. You will work closely with resources within the Supply Chain, Customer Service, Transportation Teams, and Business Teams to ensure warehousing and transportation needs are met on daily basis.
- Review and approve carrier for invoices processed by outside third-party company
- Review and approve payments in Trax
- Resolve payment issues and invoice discrepancies
- Review payment data and look for savings opportunities
- Support 3PL manager to coordinate materials ordering, receiving, and 3PL billing activities
- Support 3PL manager on complaints investigation relevant to 3PL issues
- Support the maintenance of standard warehouse operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions
- Work closely with the Customer Fulfillment team members and provide support, as needed
- Support claims process for the EMD Electronics business
- Quattro I2O Key User
- KPI Data for 3PL Team
- Participate in projects, as assigned
- Travel domestically, up to 10%
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years in logistics management, supply chain, procurement, or logistics
- Associate’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in inventory management, supply chain, procurement, or logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience working in SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Customer-centric mindset
- High sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership
- Data driven mindset and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal communication and written skills
- Good analytical skills with proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize tasks with good time management.
- Highly motivated and organized
- Ability to meet the challenges of a dynamic environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism
- Ability to adapt to changes and willing to learn different systems and new systems
- Excellent problem solver with sense of urgency to assist team members in a timely manner
- Thorough understanding of cost impact of decisions
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.vibrantm.com.