As an all-round Linux System Administrator at Intrinsic ID you will work closely with the development teams to organize and maintain Linux machines that contribute to the Intrinsic ID build and test infrastructure. This includes maintaining Linux based services inside Docker environments that are used for tasks such as Continuous Integration, simulation, running development tools and serving software licenses.
- Management of Linux based servers, workstations, Virtual Machines and Docker containers in terms of:
- Correct and secure configuration
- Status monitoring (server health, network traffic, server load, security events, etc.)
- Applying updates in a controlled way (test before rollout)
- Creating backups and testing their recovery
- Setting up an incident response plan
- Setting up new Linux based virtual machines and Docker environments to support the engineering team of Intrinsic ID
- Planning and executing scalable maintenance, monitoring, and improvements
- Documenting the (Linux) machine infrastructure, machine configurations, backup policies, authentication policies, firewall settings etc.
- Management of user accounts and access rights on the Linux based environments within Intrinsic ID, based on pre-defined policies
- Contribute to development-supporting tasks such as setting up/improving scripts for reporting of data and analytics from internal test tools (e.g. for profiling and continuous integration)
Required experience and skills
- Being a computer enthusiast, motivated by diving into complex Linux System configuration tasks and automation
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Linux systems
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, LXD) and virtualization (e.g. VMWare)
- Experience with Bash/Shell scripting and Python
- Experience with Gitlab or a similar Git platform
- Good documentation and communication skills
Other appreciated qualities
- Experience with Windows server management and networking
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Experience with configuring Cloud based services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with user account and policy management
- Able to think outside of the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems or meet requirements
- Dynamic drive to contribute to a larger goal
- Able to take ownership of a project or activity
- Good organizational skills and excellent problem-solving abilities
At Intrinsic ID, you will work in a multi-cultural and technically challenging environment. Since Intrinsic ID is present in three geographies, occasional overseas travel is part of the job.
Are you a local? If not, there’s a chance you may never have heard of Eindhoven. That’s ok, it was also the case for many of our foreign employees. Yet, we believe it deserves your attention, and here’s why:
Eindhoven is in the heart of Europe’s most innovative technology region. It the home of many high-tech companies, from multinationals to start-ups. Those companies, together with world-class research institutions, form a vibrant innovation ecosystem.
Besides, in 2018 Numbeo ranked Eindhoven the world’s third best city for quality of life. The Netherlands is also regularly cited in many rankings as one of the best countries in the world for its work-life balance.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.intrinsic-id.com.