Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data-demanding industries today, including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission-critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and our proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
LINUX System Administrator
We are currently looking for a driven and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic team as a Senior Linux System Administrator. The successful candidate will have a robust understanding of Linux systems and related technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux operating systems and servers, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Proactively monitor system performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Lead in the design and implementation of system security and data assurance.
- Manage user accounts, including experience with LDAP and FreeIPA systems.
- Utilize network traffic packet capture tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark for diagnostics and system optimization.
- Support and manage High-Performance Computing (HPC) clusters using schedulers such as Slurm and SGE.
- Play an active role in data center operations including racking servers and networking equipment.
- Troubleshoot server and system issues and effectively communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for system installations, configurations, upgrades, and disaster recovery activities.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments to implement and maintain the best solutions for the business.
- Mentor junior staff members, encouraging an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for system/network emergencies.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Reporting to the IT Director, the Linux administrator will come with 7+ years of hands-on experience with Linux Server (CentOS, RedHat, etc.) administration.
- Proficient in scripting languages like Bash, Perl, or Python.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Good knowledge of system security and networking protocols.
- Experience with user account management, LDAP and FreeIPA.
- Expertise in network traffic packet capture tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark.
- Experience managing and supporting HPC clusters and schedulers like Slurm and SGE.
- Proficiency in managing data center environments, including racking servers and network equipment.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure is a plus.
- Certifications like Linux Professional Institute LPIC-2, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or CompTIA Linux+ will be considered a plusGatekeeper for IP releases to ensure highest quality delivery is achieved to minimize churn
- Develop new flows and release checks into the IP QA flow based on customer feedback
- Close collaboration with design teams, and IP vendors to ensure flow(s) functions as intended
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams – RTL, custom layout, digital, physical design, DFT and methodology teams to define QA methodologies
“”Hybrid work environment”
As part of our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our employees, we have designed a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great compensation package
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid time off
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave Semi is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave Semi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave Semi will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.