What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Linux Kernel Developer to join our Embedded Software team and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design. The role will be within our Labs organization, where we work on cutting edge technologies and prepare them for rapid commercialization.
The scope of the work is broad, varied, and technically challenging.
- Develop aspects of the Linux kernel for standard and non-standard processor architectures
- Customize the Linux kernel to support Codasip’s standard and customized embedded CPU cores.
- Enhance Linux to work with custom RISC-V extensions or even completely new processor architectures developed using our Studio EDA tool
- Support the Embedded Software and Processor Design teams with OS expertise to help optimize software and guide microarchitecture design
- Explore novel compute architectures and technologies
- Collaborate with the team to develop our Yocto-based Linux distribution
- Partner with other internal teams to enhance Codasip’s Studio EDA tool and improve software developer support and integration
- Support silicon bring-up and validation of Codasip IP
- Work on both short-term customer-driven projects as well as longer-term strategic Codasip software products
- Contribute expert advice to both internal and external customers to develop capabilities, skills and processes
- Collaborate with the wider industry and market, especially universities on modern compiler research and standards
What you need:
- Extensive experience of OS development
- Extensive C or C++ and assembly language programming experience
- Knowledge of Linux kernel internals and experience writing Linux device drivers
- Knowledge of high-level hardware microarchitecture and its effects on software performance
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work
- A desire to learn and also positively influence the technical development of others
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with RISC-V technologies
- Experience with porting Linux to a new processor architecture or enhancing it to work with new processor hardware enhancements
- Familiarity with OS security concepts
- The ability to communicate effectively at both the technical and management level
- Customer-facing experience
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a flexible, open and supportive team full of curious, self-motivated and driven engineers who are keen to explore new ways of doing things, you’ll get to work on ultra-modern, cutting edge products and technology. Most of the projects on this team follow the whole development lifecycle, from early prototyping to final production, as well as collaborating with other engineers across the company.
Want to be an architect of ambition? Join Codasip
At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.