Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Review and rationalize new product scopes
- Conceptualize and design RF interconnect products using 3D CAD.
- Run Electro-Magnetic (EM) simulations and optimizations
- Advise in fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of component parts.
- Define characterization and test plans
- Actively participate and support peer design reviews and other team efforts.
- Review and approve detail drawings.
- Oversee all design enhancements to the manufacturing process on an as needed basis.
- Review test results and address deviations as required.
- Assist the RF Engineering Manager in the design of new products to ensure manufacturability.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change very quickly.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Quality and Operations.
- Delegate projects and oversee their progress, engaging when required.
- Establish team metrics.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 7+ Years’ of Experience in RF Product Design; preferably in the RF Connector or RF Cable industry.
- Experience in leading design engineers or running a RF Department is desired.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and debugging mmWave (40+ GHz) interconnect products.
- Proficient in the interpretation of s-parameter and Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) measurements.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic simulation (HFSS, CST, etc.) techniques and/or network analyzer operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in blueprint reading, GD&T and tolerance stack-ups.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanor, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required. Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-orientated and focused.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.