Summary / Role Purpose
The engineer will join SeaScape Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for semiconductor analysis. ANSYS RedHawk-SC is the first ANSYS product based on the new SeaScape Elastic Compute Architecture for Electronic Design Automation (EDA). Designed to handle extremely large data sets and computations across distributed machines, ANSYS RedHawk-SC allows designers of advanced system-on- chip designs (SoCs) to assess more electromigration (EM) and voltage drop (IR) scenarios per day and develop a high-level of confidence of their design sign-off.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the code and the team’s software development processes.
- Work with manager and others to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium sized projects with minimal input from others.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Optimize code to improve tool run time and memory capacity.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Understand and demonstrate best practices in software engineering.
- Be a source of expertise for others in the project team.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ years of experience
- Experience in C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Solid understanding of electronic design at gate level and/or transistor level
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
- Ability to ramp-up soon and be able to technically mentor junior team members
- Ability to work with customer-support engineers to debug customer issues
- Ability to technically lead in big product module
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Demonstrated skills in some of the following areas are a plus:
- Successful large-scale commercial software development
- Development, debugging and optimization of systems using distributed processing
- Experience with the Python programming language
- Familiarity with back-end EDA database
- Familiarity with data-structures for geometric data processing
- IC physical design
- Gate level or RTL power analysis and/or optimization
- Logic synthesis or equivalence checking
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.