- Work closely with customers to understand their requirements for custom and mixed signal designs, especially for advanced processes like FinFet.
- Attend technical review meetings with customers at Cadence or at customer sites to understand status of various product areas. Provide presentations and comments as needed during the reviews.
- Visit customer sites regularly and hold meetings to educate customers on how best to utilize the Virtuoso and Spectre platforms to meet their design needs. Debug any tool related problems on-site. Collect feedback from customer and provide inputs to R&D. File bug reports (CCRs) when needed.
- Generate demoes and Rapid Adoption Kits (RAKs) as needed to allow the sales teams to better market our products to the customer base. Deliver demoes or training as necessary to train the sales team.
- Create SKILL based utilities for specific customer requirements that are not available generally in Virtuoso. Develop a plan to perform the necessary validation before providing the utilities to customers.
- Use the Virtuoso platform to create design and flow prototypes. Test newly implemented functionality based on these tests and provide feedback to R&D and drive any necessary changes.
- Generate Product Requirement Specifications (PRS) to drive R&D to implement customer requirements as required. Work with cross-functional teams (CFT) to achieve alignment amongst various groups before closing on the PRS.
- Partner with the Product Validation (PV) teams to ensure proper validation of customer flows. Provide flow tests as required for regression testing.
- Work with technical publications (TechPubs) to ensure proper and easy to read documentation for all customers. Highlight any new features that may be of interest to customers.
- Collaborate with R&D and functional Product Engineering (PE) to ensure that the most critical customer issues are addressed in a timely fashion. Provide workarounds where possible.
- Work with marketing to drive tool positioning and licensing based on customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the industry required
- Experience in custom analog/digital and mixed signal designs (e.g ADC, DAC, PLL, SerDes)
- Experience with transistor level simulation and power and signal integrity (EM/IR) highly desired
- Experience with Virtuoso Platform (e.g VSE, VLS, ADE). Experience with Spectre circuit simulator a bonus
- Familiarity with the SKILL programming language
- Experience with other scripting languages like Python, TCL and PERL preferred
The annual salary range for California is $108,500 to $201,500. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.