As an integral member of the North America Verification Field Applications Engineering (AE) Team, you will work directly with industry leading semiconductor and system companies to deploy Cadence’s market leading emulation and FPGA prototyping platforms, Palladium and Protium. In this customer facing role you will provide the front line technical support in the pre and post-sales process and will work with account team to come up with innovative solutions to address our customers’ most challenging problems in emulation and prototyping. You will own customer success!
In this role, you will develop customer specific emulation and prototyping requirements, including advanced acceleration component development, methodology support, and operation and maintenance of Cadence’s emulation and prototyping tools and services. You will support technical evaluations and benchmark development for Cadence’s market leading tools such as Palladium acceleration and emulation platform and Protium prototyping platform. You will create and conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations for customers.
- Establish technical credibility and rapport with the customer and become the go-to expert for all of their technical inquiries and support
- Provide in-depth technical assistance in collaboration with R&D to help support advanced verification flows to secure design wins
- Champion the customer needs and work closely with R&D and marketing to develop competitive and creative technical solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating Cadence’s solutions
- Write technical product literature such as application notes and technical articles
- Review new product proposals and device specifications
- Assume technical leadership roles in small teams as needed
- 4-10 years related industry experience
- BS, MS.or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Strong RTL and Testbench debug skills
- Experience in synthesizable coding style
- Experience in writing scripts (Perl, Python or TCL)
- Strong software, HDL design and verification skills
- Experience with SystemVerilog, VHDL, Verilog, C/C++/SystemC
- Ability to quickly analyze verification environments and design complexity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to interact effectively with both external customers and R&D teams
- Experience in HW acceleration, in-circuit emulation or FPGA prototyping
- Experience with multiple clock domains and asynchronous interfaces
- Knowledge of the FPGA development process & tool flow from RTL to bitstream for Xilinx
- Hands on experience with lab bring up, debug, chipscope and instrument usage
- Experience with C/C++/SystemC
- Knowledge of fundamental SoC Architecture knowledge
- Understanding of embedded software development and HW/SW co-design and co-verification
- Knowledge of protocols like JTAG, UART, PCIe, AMBA, DDR
- Knowledge of design fundamentals such as architecture, micro-architecture, HDLs and Synthesis and timing
- Digital design experience
The annual salary range for California is $119,000 to $221,000. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.