Summary / Role Purpose
The Commercial FP&A – Manager leads all facets of the annual budget, recurring forecast and ad hoc analysis for Annual Contract Value (ACV).
Responsibilities include providing accurate and timely analysis regarding our key sales metric–ACV. The role also works closely with the Company’s commercial functions to build detailed sales forecasting, provide accurate and consistent financial analysis, and manages ad hoc analysis and modeling.
The Manager will partner with the Sales and Go to Market (GTM) teams to identify and adjust drivers to improve model output. Identify and mitigate any gaps to ACV targets. They will also assist with preparation of annual budget materials and financial analysis on budget submission, long-term ACV modeling, and other ad hoc planning requests.
Serve as a trusted Finance advisor for Sales and GTM Leadership. Assess risks and opportunities versus annual company targets. Drive strategies to maximize financial opportunities and design initiatives to mitigate risk and close any gaps.
Develop and implement an ACV review cadence. Develop presentation materials to cover key ACV metrics, financial results, initiative performance, and actions to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks / gaps. Ensure financial results are impactful and understandable for Finance, Sales, Operations, and general management audiences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a Visible, collaborative, accessible leader to both the business unit leadership team and the Company’s Finance organization
- Partner with respective organizations within Ansys to prepare financial analysis, decision support analysis, financial modeling and provide ad-hoc analytical support
- Implement and deliver standard and ad hoc ACV reporting including variance analysis and forecasting; analyze financial results, distill/synthesize key trends, and optimize for scale and automation
- Establish and maintain strong, cross-functional business relationships with business leaders
- Clearly understand their business processes and business goals through effective and collaborative teamwork
- Evaluate growth opportunities as they surface, and recommend actions that align the Company’s long-term growth strategy and short-term financial and operational goals
- Build financial models and design/track key operating metrics in support of strategic plans and internal decision-making for a variety of business initiatives
- Facilitate finance optimization efforts and help us build a world-class FP&A organization by developing, standardizing, maintaining and driving continuous improvement of all planning and forecast process
- Provide appropriate training to enable the adoption of new processes, tools and models
- Ensure the team delivers timely and accurate work products and meet the expectations of the established service levels
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline
- A minimum of 10 years experience in FP&A, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership
- Comfortable with dealing with various financial/reporting tools, and have a good understanding in financial processes including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Accounting.
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, relationship development, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to present at the senior most level in the business
- Strategic thinking, leadership and the ability to direct cross functional teams to completion of strategic financial objectives
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and recommended actions to all levels of the organization, using negotiation, persuasion, and discretion to accomplish objectives and deliver results
- Ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage and influence team and external partners; technical acumen to interpret business implications; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Track record of recruiting, retaining, and developing top-shelf talent, including organization design and succession planning
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Professional qualification such as MBA, CPA, CMA, or CFA is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and systems experience such as Business Objects, Planning Systems (Hyperion) and Oracle Financials is highly desirable
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.