As an Application Engineer, you will be responsible for pre-sale and/or post-sale support to customize Electronic Design Automation tools used to design printed circuit boards to meet customer requirements. The successful candidate will work closely with customers in supporting technical campaigns by creating and conducting technical presentations and product demonstrations, as well as some training and knowledge transfer.
Key responsibilities in this position are to:
- Establish technical credibility and rapport with customers
- Understand customer success criteria and be committed to customer success
- Provide world-class reactive support, proactive training, and problem consultation
- Collaborate with R&D to introduce new PCB design technologies
- Champion customer needs and help R&D and product engineers develop competitive and creative technical solutions.
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating Cadence’s solutions
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree (Computer/Electrical Engineering) with 2 or more years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledgeable with schematic and PCB design, Allegro preferred
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present and clearly articulate solutions individually, and in front of medium to large groups is essential
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of EDA industry with a general background in one or more of Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Electromagnetics, and RF, as related to PCB design are desirable.
- Experience with Cadence Allegro platform tools such as Allegro PCB Editor and Design Entry HDL
- Design experience and industry knowledge of current PCB design and manufacturing process
Additional job details:
- Travel requirement: up to 25%
- Work from home position based in Southern California
The annual salary range for California is $98,000 to $182,000. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.